2018: A Year in Review
This year has been a big year for me professionally. Unfortunately, personally it has not been that great. This is where I’m extremely thankful for my book family, along with the release of many amazing new releases.
This is the first year, where I decided to take things seriously and move from a hobby reader to blogger, bookstagramer and reviewer. With this decision, came many amazing opportunities through reviewing and beta reading and meeting even more fantastic people who are just as passionate as I am about books. I’m still trying to find my way, but I am excited about learning and growing in the new year.
As with life, there is always a balance among things. I have read a good amount of books this year (157 documented, but there were more on top of that😉). Due to this, I may not have kept up with the Instagram side of things, but that is going to change in the new year as resolution number one. Since we are close to the new year, have you made any resolutions yet?
In reading all these books, I have found that I have a ‘type’ of book, but resolution number two is to expand my reading repertoire. I love new age, sports romance, broody a-hole alphas, taboo with a side of naughty, along with, dark, twisted and mind-f@ck characters. Of course, I cannot forget those books that leave you strung out emotionally, never to feel like you will ever recover and give you the best book hangover. So, with this being said, let’s look at some of those books in 2018.
One-click authors (in no particular order):
- Kristy Marie (Commandeer in Briefs series)
- Sunniva Dee (Porn Star Boyfriend Series; Love by Pranks)
- Amo Jones (The Elite King’s series; Flip Trick, etc.)
- J. Shen (Midnight Blue)
- Rose Croft (High School Lover, Baseball Lover)
- Tijan (The Boy I Grew Up With, Ryan’s Bed)
- Hazel Grace (Arranged, Aligned, Disorderly)
- Trilina Pucci (Truth: A Sinful Series; Come Back to Me)
- Ella Fields (Bittersweet Always; Suddenly Forbidden)
Favorite books of the year:
Well, based off my one-click authors, I’m sure some of these books will not be a surprise to you.
- Ryan’s Bed by Tijan
- *Truth by Trilina Pucci
- Commandeer in Briefs/Gorgeous by Kristy Marie (I loved each book equally, it was too hard to choose just one)
- *Twin Savage by Sunniva Dee
- *Baseball Lover/High School Lover by Rose Croft
- *Arranged, Aligned & Disorderly by Hazel Grace
- The Elite Kings Series-Tacet a Mortuis by Amo Jones
- Midnight Blue and The End Zone by L.J. Shen
- *Gods & Monsters by Saffron A. Kent
- Secret Lucidity by E.K. Blair
- I Bet You by Ilsa Madden-Mills
- Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan
- *Ambivalent by Stefanie G. Torres
- *Rewrite the Stars by Charleigh Rose
- Manik by Amo Jones
*Indicates Best New to Me Authors
Admittedly, a good looking guy, who happens to be shirtless will usually make a cover more eye-catching. However, there is much more than physical looks to make a good cover. Sometimes, it’s as simple as a great sunset with a person staring off into the distance or just unique photos that evoke some emotion from within the book. For whatever reason, a cover catches your eye, here of some of my favorite for 2018!
Overall, 2018 has been an incredible year for New Releases. Thank you, authors, for providing us, the readers, with a vast variety of incredible books to choose from! It has been my honor to explore the titles. Happy New Year 2019, people!!