So, let’s see how many fingers you can put down with this review.
- Have been waiting very patiently for Quincy Hardwell’s story?
- Have you ever felt like you didn’t belong anywhere? Just like Jessamine.
- Have you ever had to take on too much responsibility and deal with it?
- Did you ever have a secret crush? Were you able to talk to your secret crush about it?
- Lastly, have you ever encountered a lion and lived to talk about it? Do not worry, Simba is all ‘fluff’ and no bite.
Quincy and Jess’ story was sheer perfection. The trials and tribulations that each had to go through in their lives was heartbreaking. I absolutely adored Q. He was the ‘it’ guy in high school but was able to penetrate Jessamine’s walls. Meanwhile, Jess had a life that no teenager should have to deal with, making her the invisible outcast. My heart broke for her.
No Place Like Home had me invested and emotional. I was laughing and in the next breath crying and in shock. Ms. Lymari has an innate ability to merge different writing styles. Her emotionally intense and shocking moments sprinkled with dark elements is *chef’s kiss*. So, grab a tissue, your favorite comforting drink, and expect to stay up awhile, because you too will get sucked into everything that is No Place Like Home.