Happy Release Day, Rose Croft! Check out Dear Nicholas, available NOW!!
Let’s get to know Rose a little better.
Can you offer five pieces of advice you would give to your younger self?
- Believe in yourself. You are worthy.
- Live in the moment because time goes by so fast.
- Stand up for what you hold valuable.
- Always wear sunscreen.
- Lay off the Diet Coke🤪
Tell us five things that most people do not know about you.
- I’m insanely afraid to fly.
- I’m bilingual—Spanish/English. I initially wanted to learn French. So, I took two years of French in high school and two in college. But I can’t speak it.
- I’m in a fantasy football league.
- I love to sew. I loved designing my daughter’s Halloween costumes.
- I love comedies. The stupider, the better.
What is your most favorite concert you have gone to? How heavily does music influence your writing?
I’ve been to a lot of great concerts, but my all-time favorite would be Pearl Jam. They are amazing live.
Music is everything to me and I constantly listen to music when I write or plot ideas. Songs and lyrics definitely give me inspiration and many times set a tone for the book.
First ten songs that show up in your shuffle.
- “Hong Kong Garden”—Siouxsie and the Banshees
- “Shape of Things to Come”—Audioslave
- “Lullaby”—The Cure
- “The Resistance”—Drake
- “T.G.I.F.”—Kid Cudi
- “We Never Change”—Coldplay
- “No, You Don’t”—Nine Inch Nails
- “Around the World”—Daft Punk
- “Somebody that I Used to Know”—Gotye
- “Jeremy’s Storm”—Tame Impala
Quote you live by?
I live My life a quarter mile at a time.
Does one of the main characters hold a special place in your heart? If so, why?
I love all my characters, but two of my faves are Vicente and Emilio Mendoza because they are pure gritty alphas who will do anything for their loved ones.
What is the key theme and/or message in the book?
We will survive and overcome, no matter the odds.
What do you hope your readers take away from this book?
Hope and you can succeed no matter the odds. And I hope they fall in love with the Mendoza’s.
What books or authors have most influenced your own writing?
Judith McNaught, Johanna Lindsey and Charlaine Harris are the first authors that made me fall in love with this genre.
Favorite quote (does not matter the source)
“Life could be hard. Life could be brutal. Life could be unforgiving. But at the end of the day, life could be wonderful if you fought for what is important. “—Primitivo
What’s your favorite food?
Pizza. Of course.
I want to say a HUGE thank you to Rose Croft for participating in this Ask An Author segment. Y’all, I urge you to go check out Dear Nicholas! It was so good. A ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐read!!
Book inspired playlists:
Dear Nicholas playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2QvyfkhR41mCTfjftgikUo?si=1e7e5d7512334308
My Roman playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/11Ofmw4nnnTczwyRuyDD5G?si=d3aa3b88fb454437
Follow Rose on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/i2qvh0wgzhvufe60luhtf4ycr?si=76e7a22c6c0043bb